If you want to cancel or give back your timeshare in Spain, it can actually be quite easy. What’s more, you may also be entitled to some compensation!
The Spanish supreme court has confirmed that many Spanish timeshare contracts are actually illegal under Spanish law. This means that timeshare owners will be able get out of their timeshare contracts because illegal timeshare contracts will be considered to be void.
Your Spanish timeshare contract will be illegal if it was entered into after 5th January 1999 and:
- the timeshare period is stated to be for an unlimited amount of time (i.e. it states something like ‘in perpetuity’ or ‘forever’) or is for a period of more than 50 years;
- the timeshare contract does not relate to specific accommodation or specific weeks e.g. your contract is for ‘floating weeks’ or timeshare ‘points’;
- the timeshare contract does not include information about your right to cancel or terminate it following the purchase;
- you were required to pay a deposit or any money for your timeshare within three months of signing the contract.
If any of the above apply to your timeshare agreement, you will be able to get out of it and also claim compensation for the following:
- The amount you paid for the timeshare (if you paid any amount in the first 3 months of signing the contract, this amount is doubled!)
- The maintenance costs you have paid since the contract was signed (even if you have used or exchanged some of your timeshare weeks)
- Legal Fees
The amount awarded in Spanish timeshare compensation claims is typically between £20,000-£80,000.
So, how do you cancel your timeshare in Spain?
The first thing to do is to find out your rights with regard to your specific timeshare. You will ideally need to have a copy of your timeshare contract to do this.
We will be happy to arrange a free, no obligation review of your situation and/or your timeshare contract to determine whether your Spanish timeshare is illegal and advise how to cancel your Spanish timeshare and claim compensation.
If you are eligible, we can arrange for specialist, reputable lawyers in Spain to get you out of the timeshare and claim this compensation for you on a no win, no fee basis.
If you would like to know more, or would like a free, no obligation review of your timeshare contract to confirm the steps required to get rid of your timeshare in Spain and claim the compensation due to you, just get in touch by phone on 01244 470 339 or firstname.lastname@example.org