Do you need to instruct a lawyer in Portugal?
If you have a legal issue relating to Portuguese law you will usually need to instruct a lawyer in Portugal to assist.
Whether you need a Portuguese lawyer for a property purchase/sale in Portugal, a Portuguese inheritance matter or business transaction you will want to instruct the best lawyers in Portugal to assist you with your particular legal matter, but it can be hard to know who to choose.
Unless you have a recommendation for a reputable English-speaking Portuguese lawyer it can be difficult to know how to find a suitable lawyer in Portugal to assist you.
Fortunately, Worldwide Lawyers can help!
Worldwide Lawyers can put you in touch with a recommended English-speaking lawyer in Portugal who will provide you with a no-obligation quote. Contact us on 01244 470 339 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have provided some guidance below to point you in the right direction when choosing a Portuguese lawyer. You can of course just contact Worldwide Lawyers for details of a recommended English-speaking lawyer in Portugal!
All of Worldwide Lawyers’ recommended Portuguese lawyers satisfy the following criteria. Before instructing any lawyer in Portugal, you should check that there are:
- Registered: You should check that your Portuguese lawyer is registered with the Portuguese law society. Ask for their registration number and ensure that you check this.
- Experienced: Not all lawyers in Portugal do the same type of legal work. You will therefore need to ensure that your Portuguese lawyer has the relevant experience to assist you with your legal matter.
- English-speaking: Your lawyer in Portugal should be fluent in both English and Portuguese so that you will be able to understand the advice you are paying for.
- Recommended: Ideally it would be good to have personal recommendation from someone who has used the Portuguese lawyer before and can recommend their services. Worldwide Lawyers obtain feedback from other people who have previously instructed our recommended lawyers in Portugal to get their feedback and recommendations.
- Independent: It is extremely important to make sure that your Portuguese lawyer is not in any way connected to the seller, estate agent or property developer (if dealing with a property transaction) or any other parties in your case. So steer clear from recommendations from estate agents, developers, sellers or the party on the other side of your transaction!
If you need advice in relation to Portuguese law, Worldwide Lawyers can put you in touch with a recommended English-speaking Portuguese lawyer who has the relevant experience to assist you.
We can put you in touch with a Turkish lawyer who can assist with any of the following areas of law:
- Buying, Selling or Transferring Property in Portugal.
- Wills, Probate, Inheritance and Succession Law in Portugal.
- Portuguese Contract Law.
- Portuguese Business Law.
- Portuguese Family/ Divorce Law.
- Debt Recovery in Portugal.
- Litigation and Dispute Resolution in Portugal.
- Enforcing Judgments in Portugal.
- Non-habitual Residence Tax Status in Portugal.
If you need a lawyer in Portugal, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01244 470 339 or email us at email@example.com
Our friendly and experienced team will be able to discuss your requirements with you and, if required, put you in touch with a suitable Portuguese law firm to provide you with a no-obligation quote for their services.
Our lawyers can assist all over Portugal including Lisbon, Algarve, Madeira, Porto Santo, Central Portugal, Porto (Oporto)….